Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Knowing the Enemy P1 - 1324 Days Until Z-Day

It's a lot easier to kill something when you understand it; it's attributes and abilities. So today we're going to study our greatest foe: the Zombie. Now, no offense to Max Brooks, I love his book, but for the sake of consistency he only focused on slow human zombies which was a bit of a disappointment but understandable. In his book, he focused on a fictional virus called Solanum, which had specific effects to make the type of zombie for his book. This is the type of Zombie we should hope for. Since they're slow, they are relatively easy to take out from a distance and moderately survivable.

However, there is a possibility that other diseases, viruses, etc that cause Zombification may have different effects than Solanum. If that should happen, then we could have some real sonsofbitches to deal with. I'm talking about RAGE Zombies a la 28 Days later (weren't technically zombies, but close enough) and the new Dawn of the Dead! The Rage Zombie differs from the traditional Zombie in that they maintain their human speed of running. They may just kind of mill around when they don't sense anything, but when they have their attention focused on you, it's on, they will RUN you down. This is the type of Zombie that truly has the power to make the living extinct, and the reason we are training now. Just that increase in speed alone infinitely decreases our chances of survival.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that we will be lucky if we get the slow zombies. The fast ones will make traveling all but impossible and I'm not sure how long I can live in my attic drinking toilet water and eating insulation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog is coming along great! However, Zombification is my term I coined. I am the savior in 2012. The Mayans & Aztecs have prophesized my coming 04/08/2012. Just remember that!

    ReplyDelete